Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Patient
As a patient at the Brigham Young University - Idaho Student Health Center
Your Rights Include:
- The right to receive compassionate care and treatment.
- The right to receive accurate information (to the extent known) concerning diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of your medical condition.
- The opportunity to obtain a second opinion, if you wish.
- The right to participate in decisions regarding your health care and treatment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing honest and direct information relating to your symptoms and health needs.
- The responsibility to follow the treatment plan that is established between you and your health care provider.
- You have the responsibility to ask questions if you don't understand what is being explained to you, or if you are confused or concerned about any information you are receiving.
- The responsibility to show courtesy and respect to health care personnel and other patients.