Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Patient
As a patient at the Brigham Young University - Idaho Student Health Center
Your Rights Include:
- The right to receive compassionate care and treatment.
- The right to receive accurate information (to the extent known) concerning diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of your medical condition.
- The opportunity to obtain a second opinion, if you wish.
- The right to participate in decisions regarding your health care and treatment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing honest and direct information relating to your symptoms and health needs.
- The responsibility to follow the treatment plan that is established between you and your health care provider.
- You have the responsibility to ask questions if you don't understand what is being explained to you, or if you are confused or concerned about any information you are receiving.
- The responsibility to show courtesy and respect to health care personnel and other patients.
If you have any concerns regarding the services you have received at the Health Center contact the Health Center Area Director at 208-496-9334 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a serious concern, you may also contact Shaun Orr, the Student Health Center Director, at 208-496-9340 or by e-mail at email@example.com.