Applying to graduate from BYU–Idaho can be done in a matter of minutes using the online application. To apply, simply
- log on to your my.byui.edu student account
- Select the "Student" tab
- Search for "Graduation Application" at the bottom of the gray links on the left side of the page.
The online application will walk you through a step-by-step process. Once your application is submitted, you can then return to the application page to review the current status of your application. The application deadlines are also displayed on the application.
- At least 1-2 semesters prior to graduation meet with your satellite academic discovery center to ensure you will complete all degree requirements.
- Determine whether or not you will be marching at Commencement and/or in your college Convocation. You will need to know this as part of the graduation application process.
- If marching, determine if you need to purchase a cap and gown. You will also need this information for the graduation application process.
- Apply for graduation
- Watch your BYU–I email account for important, specific information regarding graduation events.
Students who are Marching
- Order graduation announcements and other memorabilia.
- Plan to attend Grad Night during the semester you will graduate.
- Plan to attend Grad Fest during the semester you will graduate to pick up your cap, gown, and name card.
- Pick up Commencement tickets at the Ticket Office for your family and guests. (Tickets are not required for Convocation.)
- Determine the location, date, and time of your college's Convocation.
- Inform your family and guests of the dates and times of graduation events. Remind them to be seated at least 30 minutes prior to start of Commencement.
- Attend your individual college's Convocation to receive your Diploma cover. If you are not participating in Convocation, visit the Student Records and Registration office (Kim 190) to pick up a diploma cover prior to leaving campus.
Welcome to BYU–Idaho Alumni. You are joining over 170,000 alumni who have experienced the 'Spirit of Ricks' and retain it through continued association with the university. Many of your fellow alumni continue their level of association by serving as BYU–Idaho Ambassadors and Mentors, helping us "link students and alumni for good."
As a graduate of BYU–Idaho, you are helping to fulfill the prophecy made by Jacob Spori on November 12, 1888. On that day, the very first day of this school, he announced: "The seeds we are planting today will grow and become mighty oaks, and their branches will run all over the earth."
As a graduate of BYU–Idaho, you are helping to fulfill this prophecy. We look forward to hearing your progress as you become "a mighty oak" and hope to keep track where you go as you "run all over the earth." Please remember where the seeds were planted and where your educational roots are.
We hope you keep us informed of your successes, life changes, and new addresses. The BYU–Idaho magazine and your alumni homepage ( www.byui.edu/alumni) will keep you up-to-date with campus news and activities and benefits provided by BYU–Idaho Alumni. We look forward to a long and close relationship.
Your fellow alumnus,
Steve Davis '84, Director
|Spring 2015||Winter 2015|
|To be considered for Honors & have your name in the Commencement program, apply by:||Jun 22||Mar 9|
|To purchase a cap/gown & walk in Commencement ceremony, apply by:||Jul 22||Apr 9|
|Graduation Ceremony Date (Commencement)*||Jul 23||Apr 10|
|Final Deadline to have an application reviewed for this session:||Jul 29||Apr 15|
Note: *Specific Convocation dates and times will be available on the graduation websiteapproximately one month prior to Commencement and will be communicated to applicants individually.
For any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions please call us at (208) 496-1027