Inspired Learning & Teaching Seminar
Apply to Be a Volunteer Peer Facilitator!
Learning in the Lord's way requires study by learning and by faith (D&C 88:118). This Gateway Seminar focuses on the five eternal principles of learning as found in the BYU-Idaho learning Model. They are:
Teachers and Learners at BYU-Idaho:
- Exercise faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as a principle of action and power
- Understand that true teaching is done by and with the Holy Ghost
- Lay hold on the word of God
- Act for themselves and accept responsibility for their own learning and teaching
- Love, serve, and teach one another
If you would like to make a difference it students' lives by inspiring them to learn in the Lord's way, "even by study and also by faith" (D&C 88:118), then apply to become a Peer Facilitator for this seminar. To do this seminar, you should feel comfortable facilitating and leading discussions with other students to motivate them to apply these principles in their own lives.
- Have a testimony of the five eternal principles found in the Learning Model (stated above)
- Have the ability to teach and facilitate discussion among a group of 25 peers
- Prefer to have completed at least two semester at BYU-Idaho when beginning service
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Live the BYU-Idaho Honor Code and Dress and Grooming Standards
- No current violations with the Dean of Students office
You can apply and/or serve during your off-track.
(Please email us if the link does not work; you may want to consider using a campus computer if you're not able to open the links from your laptop.)
For question, email: email@example.com