Become a Peer Facilitator for Gateway Seminars
The Gateway Foundations Seminar program is looking for excellent students who would like to make a difference in new students' lives by facilitating one of three Gateway Seminars this fall semester (students off-track may apply). By being a peer facilitator, you will bless the lives of hundreds of BYU-Idaho students, enhance your teaching and facilitation skills, and gain valuable experience while learning from and working with other peer facilitators.
To apply, you should meet the following qualifications:
- Love BYU-Idaho and what we stand for
- Have the ability to present and lead discussions with a group of 25 students in a seminar setting
- Able to volunteer up to three hours one evening a week or an occasional Saturday to facilitate seminars
(also attend training sessions each Monday--sometime after 4:30 p.m. but before 6:30 p.m.
- Preference for those who will have completed at least two semesters at BYU-Idaho after this semester
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Live the BYU-Idaho Honor Code
- Have no standing violations with the Dean of Students Office
Apply for one of the following seminar types:
To learn more about the purpose and intent of these seminars, visit our web page at: www.byui.edu/gateway-seminars
Please email us if the application link does not work: firstname.lastname@example.org