Energy in the 21st Century
This course provides an introduction to the sciences and the issues related to energy production and use. It also explores alternatives to current energy technology.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the scientific principles and technical issues relating to energy production and use, including fossil fuel-based and renewable technologies.
- Increase quantitative reasoning skills in the context of energy.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the socio-economic impacts of energy related decisions.
- Instill an awareness of stewardship responsibilities as they relate to energy issues, and identify actions that individuals and communities can take to address energy issues.
- Develop and demonstrate skills in critical thinking and communication.
FDSCI 101, FDMAT 108, FDMAT 112, ECON 215
Fall, Winter, Spring