Book of Mormon I
A study of the origin, content and teachings of the Book of Mormon from 1st Nephi through Alma 29.
Content & Topics
A study of the Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 1 through Alma 29, with emphasis on doctrines and principles.
Goals and Objectives
- Develop greater faith and testimony in Jesus Christ and deepen their personal conversion.
- Read and understand the context and content of the text for the course.
- Develop an ability to learn and teach by the Spirit.
- Develop a habit of regular scripture study.
- Identify, understand, and apply doctrines and principles from the scriptures and the words of the prophets.
- Develop the ability to explain, share and testify of true doctrines and principles.
- Master key scriptural passages - understand and be able to explain and apply them to everyday life.
Regular attendance is required. All faculty give assignments, but each determines his/her own combination of text assignments, projects, and tests.
Winter, Spring, Fall