You will need the following items:
  • State Certified Birth Certificate or certified copy of your last passport (You cannot use a hospital birth certificate)
  • Two (2) each 2"X2" passport photos
  • Picture Identification (Driver's License, State ID Card, etc.)
  • Money Order, Cashiers Check or Personal Check made out to "Passport Services" (You cannot send cash!!!!)
To obtain your passport photos you have a couple of options:
1)  Go to any photography business that advertises they do passport photos.
2)  Contact Academic Video/Photo Coordinator, Jeffrey Smith, at ext 7232 to arrange a time.  You could stop by MCK 356 between the hours of 8:00 and 5:00. (it is best to set a time to assure someone is there to help you.
a.  For your visa you will need to bring your paperwork or know the size needed as many companies doing the visa are different in what they require.
b.  Pictures will be printed as you wait. (it only takes a couple of minutes)


For information on pricing and other questions please go to the following websites:
State Department:
Post Office:

Processing times can be found at:

Check the status of your passport here:

Note: Your new passport and your certified copy of your birth certificate or old passport will come back to your address that you have marked on your form.