You will need the following items:
- State Certified Birth Certificate or certified copy of your last passport (You cannot use a hospital birth certificate)
- Two (2) each 2"X2" passport photos
- Picture Identification (Driver's License, State ID Card, etc.)
- Money Order, Cashiers Check or Personal Check made out to "Passport Services" (You cannot send cash!!!!)
To obtain your passport photos you have a couple of options:
- Go to any photography business that advertises they do passport photos.
- Contact Academic Video/Photo Coordinator, Jeffrey Smith, at ext. 7232 to arrange a time. You could stop by MCK 356 between the hours of 8:00 and 5:00. (It is best to set a time to assure someone is there to help you.) Price is $7 and also available for your spouse and kids.
* For your visa you will need to bring your paperwork or know the size needed as many counties are different in what they require.
* Pictures will be printed as you wait. (It only takes a couple of minutes)
For information on pricing and other questions please go to the following websites:
State Department: http://travel.state.gov
Post Office: http://usps.com/passport
Processing times can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/passport/processing/processing_1740.html
Check the status of your passport here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/status/status_2567.html
Note: Your new passport and your certified copy of your birth certificate or old passport will come back to your address that you have marked on your form.