Same Day vs. Overnight Travel
- Same Day - Travel that leaves and returns the same calendar day.
- Overnight - Travel that extends over more than one calendar day. Overnight travel should be categorized based on the following criteria:
- Tour - Tour travel is defined as domestic or international travel that extends seven or more calendar days. Tours should not exceed 25 days of travel. The purchase of HTH Worldwide Health Insurance is mandatory for all international travel involving students (See also "Medical Insurance" policy).
- Non-Tour - Non-Tour overnight travel is defined as all overnight travel extending less than seven calendar days.
- Domestic (Non-Tour) - Domestic travel is defined as travel confined to the contiguous United States.
- International (Non-Tour) - International travel is defined wherein any part is outside the continental United States (Hawaii and Alaska are considered international travel). The purchase of HTH Worldwide Health Insurance is mandatory for all international travel involving students (See also "Medical Insurance" policy).