Understanding Which Card is Right for You
- Purchasing, Travel, Group Travel Cards - When, Where, and How
- Help determine which card is right for you.
The BYU-Idaho MasterCard® Purchasing Card gives the cardholder advanced authority for official University purchases. All full-time and part-time (non-student) employees are eligible to apply for a card as deemed necessary by their supervisor. Department Purchasing Cards are also available where supervisors see fit; however, there are several policies in place that must be followed.
- Purchase Card Application- Individual
- Used for non-travel related purchases by cardholder only.
- Purchase Card Application - Department
- Issued to steward but card can be used by authorized individuals (including students).
- Fuel Card Application
- Used fuel purchases by areas with assigned vehicles. - Typically managed through Fleet Services.
Travel Cards - Travel & Entertainment (Individual)
The BYU-Idaho Visa® Travel & Entertainment Cards give the cardholder advanced authority for official travel-related University purchases. Employees that travel more than once a year are highly encouraged to use a University Travel Card. Employee is responsible for paying the balance in full each month.
- Travel & Entertainment Card Application
- Used for individual travel or smaller group travel where cash is not needed - Cardholder responsibility to pay balance in full each month.
Group Travel Cards
The BYU-Idaho Visa® Group Travel Card give the cardholder advanced authority for official travel-related University purchases for larger groups. Cash is also available from ATMs. Balance is paid directly by University each month.
- Group Travel Card Application
- Used for larger group travel where access to cash is needed. - Paid directly by the University.
This page contains PDF documents. Download a free PDF reader from Adobe.