Still have some questions? Check out the answers to our most popular questions!

Always check your Student Portal for updates. It can take up to 14 business days for your forms to show as received online.
If you need to move your aid to a different semester than you originally indicated, please email your request to
If you have been awarded federal financial aid, you must be enrolled in at least 12 program applicable credits to receive the maximum amount of aid for which you are eligible. If you are planning on taking less than 12 program applicable credits, your award will be prorated according to the number of program applicable credits you are enrolled in. If you have received a BYU-Idaho scholarship you must be enrolled in 14 credits to receive your award. BYU-Idaho scholarships cannot be prorated unless you are in your last semester before graduating with your Bachelor’s degree. Please contact our office at if you have any questions.
Make sure to check your Student Portal frequently for updates. Additional forms are often requested to process your FAFSA. If you are missing any required documents we will send a reminder to your BYU-Idaho student email account.
Federal policy requires that some students who have submitted a FAFSA will be asked to verify their information with additional documentation. This documentation guarantees that your FAFSA has been filed correctly and you will be awarded the aid for which you qualify.

If you submitted all required documents by the priority deadlines, your aid will generally be available in your student account by the end of the first week of school.

Priority deadlines:

  • Fall: July 1st
  • Winter: November 1st
  • Spring: February 1st

Please be aware that Pell Grants, Student Loans, Scholarships and Tuition Waivers may not be disbursed simultaneously.

Check your Personal Account Summary

You will not be allowed to access your award money before the first week of the semester. Funds will go toward tuition and insurance first. Any remaining balance can be transferred to your personal bank account via eRefund. If you do not enroll in eRefund, a check will be mailed to you.

To enroll in the eRefund program:

  1. Go to
  2. Click on the "Finances" Tab
  3. In the center of the screen click on the link "Click here to access the online payment system."
  4. Once in the CASHNet system under the heading eRefund, on the left hand side, click the link "Click here to enroll in eRefund."
  5. Click the radio button next to "Yes, I want refunds deposited directly into my bank account." Then click the Continue button at the bottom right side of the page.
  6. If necessary, fill out the information to add a new bank account.
  • Eligibility for loans is determined through the FAFSA.
  • When you have been offered loans, you must go to your Student Portal and accept or reject the loans. Even if you do not want your loans, you must reject them.
  • You are only required to complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling the first time you accept loans. The Master Promissory Note is your electronic agreement with the government that you will pay back your student loans. To complete your MPN and Entrance Counseling you must log in to Once the MPN is completed, it will take 3-5 business days for these documents to appear as received on your Student Portal. If you receive notifications about completing an MPN or Entrance Counseling and do not want any loans, you are not required to complete MPN or Entrance Counseling.
  • Federal limits do apply to the amount of loan money you may receive. If you previously declined your loan and would like to now accept it or if you would like to see if you have additional loan money available, send an email with your request to Be sure to include your name, I-number and situation in the email.
  • BYU-Idaho does not offer short-term loans.
Your award amount will not be known until your FAFSA has been processed. The Student Financial Aid Office will email you when your aid has been awarded. Awards will be posted on your Student Portal.
The FAFSA should be filled out as soon as possible. Please contact the Student Financial Aid Office for specific deadlines.
A few examples of non-BYU-Idaho scholarships are listed on our website under the ‘Outside Aid’ tab. You can also check out the job listings on the student employment website.
If you are facing a financial emergency (unable to pay for food, getting evicted, etc.), please contact our office to speak with a counselor about your financial options. We would be happy to evaluate your situation.