Still have some questions? Check out the answers to our most popular questions!
Fax: (208) 496-6711
Mail: 100 Kimball Building, Rexburg, ID 83460
In person: Kimball 100 (drop-box at our door for your convenience)
If you submitted all required documents by the priority deadlines, your aid will generally be available in your student account by the end of the first week of school.
- Fall: July 1st
- Winter: November 1st
- Spring: February 1st
Please be aware that Pell Grants, Student Loans, Scholarships and Tuition Waivers may not be disbursed simultaneously.
You will not be allowed to access your award money before the first week of the semester. Aid money will go toward tuition and insurance first. Your leftover aid can be accessed:
- In the form of a check at the cashier windows in the Kimball
- Transferred to your bank through eRefund.
To enroll in the eRefund program:
- Go to my.byui.edu
- Click on the "Finances" Tab
- In the center of the screen click on the link "Click here to access the online payment system."
- Once in the CASHNet system under the heading eRefund, on the left hand side, click the link "Click here to enroll in eRefund."
- Click the radio button next to "Yes, I want refunds deposited directly into my bank account." Then click the Continue button at the bottom right side of the page.
- If necessary, fill out the information to add a new bank account.
- Eligibility for loans is determined through the FAFSA.
- When you have been offered loans, you must go to the awards page on your student Finances tab and accept or reject the loans. Even if you do not want your loans, you must reject them.
- You are only required to complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling the first time you accept loans. The Master Promissory Note is your electronic agreement with the government that you will pay back your student loans. To complete your MPN and Entrance Counseling you must log in to studentloans.gov. Once the MPN is completed, it will take 3-5 business days for these documents to appear as received on your Document Tracking. If you receive notifications about completing an MPN or Entrance Counseling and do not want any loans, you are not required to complete MPN or Entrance Counseling.
- Federal limits do apply to the amount of loan money you may receive. If you previously declined your loan and would like to now accept it or if you would like to see if you have additional loan money available, send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, I-number and situation in the email.
- BYU-Idaho does not offer short-term loans.