Important Changes to Student Financial Aid
These are items of importance for updates and changes within the BYU-Idaho Student Financial Aid Office. Use this page as an opportunity for quick information and a bridge to our current site. Click on a box below to display more information for each "changes" section.
All changes listed will take effect with the start of the 2013 - 2014 Academic Year, that begins with the Fall 2013 semester. Talent and Leadership Scholarships are excluded from these changes and will follow their policies previously established.
will be required for ALL University Scholarships
- This includes BYU-Idaho Academic Scholarships - Students will NO LONGER be automatically considered.
- This new policy applies to ALL INCOMING FRESHMEN, CONTINUING STUDENTS, and TRANSFER STUDENTS.
- The BYU-Idaho Scholarship Application will open on November 1, 2012
|Cumulative Credit Levels||Cumulative GPA & Award Levels|
|Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors||3.950 - 4.000-----Full LDS Tuition
3.900 - 3.949-----Half LDS Tuition
3.750 - 3.899-----Quarter LDS Tuition
*Students must have between 28 and 129 total earned credits for these GPA lines to apply.
**These GPA lines do not apply to incoming freshmen.
- Academic scholarships for continuing students (sophomores, juniors and seniors)* will have one set of criteria and the GPA requirements are displayed in the table above.
- Academic scholarships for freshmen will be based on high school GPA and ACT/SAT scores
To learn more about the changes regarding academic scholarships for INCOMING FRESHMEN click here.
To learn more about the changes regarding academic scholarships for TRANSFER STUDENTS click here.
To learn more about the changes regarding academic scholarships for CONTINUING STUDENTS click here.