Leadership grants are awarded to students serving in leadership positions within these approved departments on campus:
- Security and Safety
- Student Representative Council
- Student Honor
- Student Activities
- Student Support
- Autism Mentoring Program
- No FAFSA is required
Studentmust be admitted as a campus student
- Students must have less than 140 cumulative earned credits at the time of evaluation
Studentmust be meeting the university’s satisfactory academic progress standards
- Awarding and selection criteria will be determined by each department individually
Studentmay only receive one semester of a leadership grant for a specific leadership position
- Students may not serve in more than one leadership position at one time
- Students can serve in each level of leadership a total of three times, although they cannot receive a grant for serving in the same position more than once
- Leadership grants will be equal to full LDS tuition unless the student is receiving another BYU-Idaho grant, in which case the Leadership grant may be reduced or eliminated if the grants combined will exceed full LDS tuition.
- Students must be enrolled in 14 or more credits
- Scholarships will not typically disburse until the first week of the semester
- Grants may be prorated in a student’s final semester at BYU-Idaho when graduating with a 4-year degree. Request for a proration here.
Students should contact the appropriate department to apply for a leadership grant.