Advantages for Partner Districts
- Partner districts have committed to place at 3 to 5 BYU-Idaho students each semester.
- Each partner district is selected because it is committed to improving their practice, innovate, and providing the highest quality experience to their students and ours.
- Working with other BYU-Idaho Student Teachers to collaborate in daily and weekly cohort seminars.
- Some additional training or collaboration opportunities will be provided (SIOP, REACH, Covey, Center for Educational Excellence).
- Regular contact and collaboration between site faculty and our campus faculty.
- Clinical faculty selected who match the culture and climate of the school where they supervise.
- Matched mentor teachers to the student's demographic information and desires.
- BYU-Idaho hopes to share research and experiences that will improve schools' practices.
- Student Teachers can be involved in extracurricular activities.
- Ideas can be shared with mentor teachers based on best practices learned on campus.
Partner District Advantages
- District officials interview and select which students come to their districts.
- Students can be selected to match the culture and climate of the district, to fulfill current or anticipated needs of the district (employment), and to address other concerns the district might have. The district will be able to plan on the arrival and resources these students provide.
- The district will benefit from the infusion of energy and training on current best practices our students will bring.
- The collaboration will influence what and how BYU-Idaho teaches.
- The idea for partner districts has been discussed with various partner districts over the last several years.
- School districts help to produce future employees that are specifically prepared to teach students within the climate and culture of their specific district.
- Student Teacher ratios can be reduced.
- New insights can cause reflection on improving current practices.
- The Partner Districts program is focused on collaboration between BYU-Idaho and the individual districts.
Partner School Locations (South East Idaho - available only upon request and approval)
|Bonneville High School||
3165 E. Iona Road
|Burton Elementary School||(208) 359-3332||
2211 W 1000 S
|Discovery Elementary School||(208) 552-7711||
2935 N Goldenrod Dr
|Hillcrest High School||(208) 525-4429||
2800 Owen St
|Madison Middle School||(208) 359-3320||
575 W 7th S.
|Madison High School||(208) 359-3305||
2300 University Blvd.
|Mountain Valley Elementary School||(208) 552-0866||
2601 S. Princess Dr.
|Rigby Middle School||(208) 745-6674||
290 N 3800 E
|Rigby High School||(208) 745-7704||
3850 E 300 N #2
|Rocky Mountain Middle School||(208) 525-4403||
3443 N Ammon Rd.
|Summit Hills Elementary School||(208) 552-8500||
2853 N. Lucina Ave
|Thunder Ridge High School||(208) 523-4739||
4941 1st Street
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Caldwell, ID Schools (available only upon request and approval)
|Caldwell SD||(208) 455-3300||
1502 Fillmore St
Caldwell, id 83605
Dr. N. Shalene French
Las Vegas, NV Schools (available only upon request and approval)
|Clark County SD||702-799-CCSD||
5100 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Dr. Jesus F. Jara
Mesa, AZ Schools
|Ishikawa Elementary||(480) 472-7700||
2635 N 32nd Street
Mesa, AZ 85213-1662
|Keller Elementary||(408) 472-6200||
1445 East Hilton Ave
|Madison Elementary||(480) 472-8800||
849 South Sunnyvale
Mesa, AZ 85206-2921
|Mesa High School||(480) 472-5900||
1630 East Southern Avenue
|Summit Academy K-6||(480) 472-3500||
1560 West Summit Place
|Summit Academy 7-8||(480) 472-3500||1560 West Summit Place
Chandler, AZ, 85224
|Zaharis Elementary School||(480) 308-7200||
9410 East McKellips Rd.
Odgen, UT Schools
|Fremont High School||(801) 452-4000||
1900 N 4700 W
|Pioneer Elementary School||(801) 452-4560||
250 N 1600 W
2335 North 3600 West
|Wahlquist Jr. High School||(801) 452-4640||
2656 North 2400 West
|Weber High School||(801) 476-3700||
430 West Weber High Drive
|West Weber Elementary School||(801) 452-4280||
4178 W 900 S
Salt Lake City, UT Schools
|Bluffdale Elementary School||(801) 254-8090||
14323 South 2700 West
|Crestview Elementary School||(385) 646-4804||
2100 E Lincoln Lane
Holladay, UT 84124
|Silver Crest Elementary School||(801) 253-1034||
12937 S 5300 W
|West Kearns Elementary School||(385) 646-5073||
4900 South 4620 West
Secondary and Special Education, UT Schools
|Jordan School District||(801) 567-8100||
7387 S Campus View Dr.
West Jordan, UT 84084
|Dr. Anthony Godfrey|