Exams & PRAXIS
Exams & PRAXIS Requirements
|All education students are required to take PRAXIS and TCA exams||ELED, ECSE, and SPED (K-12) are required to take writing and literacy exams. Contact Jolynn Reed for questions.|
Exams & PRAXIS Process
1. Research Exams
- Students are responsible to research, understand, and register for their own PRAXIS exams.
- By policy, Field Services cannot tell students which exams to take.
- Be aware that PRAXIS requirements may change at any time. Make sure you are taking the correct and most current test.
- Research State PRAXIS Requirements, other additional PRAXIS information or contact your Program Director for help.
2. Schedule Exams
- Research State PRAXIS Registration Information.
- Find test dates and test centers for State PRAXIS Exams.
3. Take & Pass Exams
- PRAXIS Exams are taken in person at a registered testing center.
- Most Universities have PRAXIS test dates throughout the year.
- Be aware there are limited dates of PRAXIS Testing at BYU-Idaho's testing center.
- All PRAXIS Exams and BYU-Idaho exams must be taken and passed as a prerequisite to Student Teaching.
- PRAXIS Exams must be taken and passed by mid-term prior to your target Student Teaching semester.
- PRAXIS scores are emailed to candidates.
- As a recommendation, save your PRAXIS results as soon as you are given your scores. There is a significant fee to access your PRAXIS scores after a year.