BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.
"To help focus resources for and enhance the emphasis on faculty professional development as well as to strengthen engagement in student mentored research activities."
The College of Faculty Development and Mentored Research was created to help focus resources for and enhance the emphasis on faculty professional development as well as to strengthen engagement in student mentored research activities. The college functions to facilitate faculty development activities by:
1. Advising on the establishment of guidelines for faculty professional development activities
2. Defining and maintaining standards of professionalism and accountability
3. Identifying and allocating resources for projects and activities
4. Encouraging collaboration with peers and students
5. Instilling a sense of scholarship and professional engagement at all levels of a faculty's experience
6. Fostering an environment of sharing and recognition for research and creative works across the university.
7. Focusing university efforts on the scholarship of learning and teaching
8. Promoting the use of current research knowledge on learning and teaching into curriculum and program changes.
9. Developing and promoting collaborations with outside entities that share common goals with and which strengthen the student experience and the faculty professional development.
In all of these responsibilities, the College of Faculty Development and Mentored Research is assisted by a council composed of associate deans from each college.