Below are the date, time, location, and outline for this class.
Your Power, Purpose and Potential (Through Music and the Spoken Word)
Taught by Heartbound
|Saturday, August 3
Debbie Bastian, Lori Hales, and Me’Chel Musgrave form a unique group called Heartbound. The group of singers, songwriters, and motivational speakers are the founders of “Aspire Higher”, a collaboration of motivational seminars. They have produced nine CD’s and two songbooks.
They love being wives, mothers, grandmothers, and homemakers.
The purpose of this series of classes is to motivate and uplift through music and spoken word and invite all to see the best that is within them, and realize their divine potential.
"Will you seek to remember with the help of the Holy Ghost who you are and who you have always been? Will you remember that you stood by our Savior without flinching? Remember that you were reserved for now because you would have the courage and determination to face the world at its worst and to help rear and lead a chosen generation. Remember the covenants you have made and the power they carry. Remember that you are noble and great and a potential heir of all our Father has." (Sheri Dew, "Knowing Who You Are-and Who You Have Always Been," BYU Women's Conference, 2001)
God -Our Personal Trainer
"Ordinary people who faithfully, diligently, and consistently do simple things that are right before God will bring forth extraordinary results." (Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Women's Conference April 2011)
- "By Small Things The Lord Can Bring About Great Things" (1 Nephi 16:29)
- "Out of small things proceedeth that which is great.." (D&C 64:32-33 )
- "Here I am, send me" (2 Nephi 16:8)
- "Out of Small Things" (Kathleen H. Hughes, Ensign, Nov. 2004)
- "I will be merciful unto your weakness" (D&C 38:14)
Who but YOU?
"But there comes the assurance that the Lord put me here for His purpose, and if I will be humble and seek the direction of the Holy Spirit, He will use me...to accomplish His purposes." (President Gordon B. Hinckley, "Go Forward With Faith", pg 393.)
- "When we deny or discredit our own possibilities, our divine nature, or our individual worth, we discredit our Creator" (Ardeth Kapp "Better than you Think You Are" pg 5.)
- "For such a time as this" (Esther 4:14.)
- "No one can have the influence you have been prepared to have on all who come within your sphere of influence. Without question, no one can fulfill your foreordained mission. No one can do what you were sent here to do. No one." (Sheri Dew, "No One Can Take Your Place," Pg.195.)
- "Lift Where You Stand...Every priesthood holder stands at a unique place and has an important task that only he can perform." (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Lift Where You Stand"; General Conference, October 2008.)
You ARE Enough
"We must remember that we did not come to this earth to gain our worth-we brought it with us" (Ardeth Kapp, "Better than you Think You Are," pg 24.)
- "The adversary knows that if he can prevent us from recognizing our divine potential, he will have scored a major victory...If we have subjected ourselves to a constant barrage of self-criticism, let us recognize that we are better than we think we are! Let us recognize and make use of our talents, abilities, skills, and capacity instead of allowing these traits to be buried through self-criticism, forgetfulness, and disuse. Let us name our blessings one by one." (Elder David Baxter, Ensign, Aug 2007, pgs 10-14)
- "As children of God we are somebody. He will build us, mold us, and magnify us if we will but hold our heads up, our arms out, and walk with Him." (Marvin J. Ashton, "In His Strength," Ensign, July 1973, pg 24)
- "The Lord doesn't care at all if we spend our days working in marble halls or stable stalls. He knows where we are, no matter how humble our circumstances. He will use-in His own way and for His holy purposes-those who incline their hearts to Him. God knows that some of the greatest souls who have ever lived are those who will never appear in the chronicles of history. They are the blessed, humble souls who emulate the Savior's example and spend the days of their lives doing good." (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "You Matter to Him;" October 2011 General Conference.)
- "We need to live so that our lives bear witness that we love our Heavenly Father and the Savior Jesus Christ and that we will do what They have asked us to do. We need to rescue "all that is finest down deep inside of us so...we can do our part to build the kingdom of God (Sister Barbara Thompson, "Now More than Ever," General Relief Society Meeting November 2008, Ensign page 116)