Basic Info about the Interviews
- Partner School Interviews are like a job interview. You should be professional and come prepared. Your student teaching placement will be determined by your interviews.
- If you will not be in the Southeast Idaho area on these dates, we highly recommend that you find a way to come. If you are unable to attend the interviews, please contact our office for other options.
How to Prepare
- Mark the date-
Spring 2017 Interviews: January 30, 2017.
Fall 2017 Distant Site Interviews: March 7, 2017; Local Interviews: March 8, 2017.
Winter 2018 Interviews for ALL sites: Tuesday, September 26, 2017
A meet and greet will be held March 6, 2017 for Fall 2017 interviews, and September 25, 2017 for Winter 2018 interviews. Both will be held in the Taylor Cultural Hall. Visit our Facebook page for more details.
- Research all of the BYU-Idaho Partner Schools. Determine who you would like to interview with.
- Start preparing your resume. If you need help please contact the Career Services center on campus.
- Attend mock/practice interviews through the Career Services center on campus.
- If you do not have a copy of your completed cover letter and resume, email email@example.com to request a copy.
- Watch for an email about how to schedule interviews.
- Sign-up times will become available as you get closer to the events. Interview slots are limited, first-come-first-serve.
- ECSE students cannot sign up for elementary school interview time slots.
- Students will not be able to sign up back-to-back. If a student signs-up for back-to-back appointments the field services offices will automatically drop the second appointment to ensure both appointments can be attended.
- A resume may be uploaded in Career Navigator when signing up for interviews. Please bring a copy of your resume to each of the interviews you schedule.
Here are the questions you will most likely be asked,
in some form, during your interview
1- Tell me how you will handle classroom management.
2- Explain your classroom discipline plan.
3- Are you a team player? Explain how you foster positive relationships.
4- Why do you want to teach? Do you love children?
5- How do you know what to teach? Will you teach the standards?
6- Can you receive constructive feedback and stay positive?
7- How do you communicate with parents, and how often?
Area Coordinators will meet and carefully review the information given to them by administrators regarding their selections from the interviews. All candidates will be placed through this process. Each candidate will receive an email from the Area Coordinator over the area in which the candidate has been placed, notifying them of their placement.
We do our best to place each student in a high quality student teaching experience.
Dates for each round of interviews
|Spring Semester||January 30, 2017|
|Fall Semester||March 6-8, 2017 (Mon-Wed)|
|Winter Semester||September 26th (Meet and Greet held the evening of the 25th)|