Stephen McGary Economics Faculty Information
- Ph. D. Agricultural Economics, Washington State University, August 1984
- M.S. Agribusiness, Brigham Young University, December 1980
- B.S. Farm-Ranch Management, Brigham Young University, December 1979
- Agribusiness Demand and Supply response modeling/analysis
- Agricultural and Food Policy
- Agribusiness Decision and Risk Management
- Agricultural and Economic Development
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Global Food and Agribusiness Management Issues and Analysis
Professional References (partial listing)
- California State Coastal Conservancy and the City of Arroyo Grande
- California State Avocado Commission
- The California State Department of Agriculture
- California State Coastal Conservancy
- California Pistachio Commission
- California Kiwifruit Commission
- Counties of Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo
- Idaho State Department of Agriculture
- Japan Agricultural Exchange Council
- Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture, Japan
- Washington State Tree fruit Research Commission
- Washington State International Marketing Program for Agricultural Commodities and Trade
Professional Projects (partial listing)
- “Fresh Potato Price Volatility and Efforts of a Potato Growers Association to Reduce the Volatility through Production Controls: An Analysis of the Effects of the United Fresh Potato Growers of Idaho (U.S.) Association on the Volatility of the Price of Idaho Fresh Potatoes”. McGary, Stephen D, Gage H. Zobell. International Food and Agribusiness Management Association Symposium, Shanghai, China, June 2012
- “Development and Application of Annual Crop Forecasting Model of California Kiwifruit”. Contract with California State Kiwifruit Commission.
- “Development and Application of Annual Crop Forecasting Model for California Pistachio Nuts”. Contract with California State Pistachio Commission
- “Risk Management in Agribusiness Strategies for Decision Making in Competition for Resources: Urbanization and Agriculture.” Invited paper presented at California Plant and Soil Annual Conference.
- “The Role of Non-Land Grant Universities, Business Schools and Academic Private Consultants in Providing Continued Agribusiness Education.” Paper presented at Western Regional Coordinating Committee on Agribusiness Research, Annual Meeting
- Japanese Extension Agent Training Program in the USA. Project associate through Japan Agricultural Exchange Council (JAEC). Two week short course on U.S. Agriculture practices and farm management principles with a tour of California agribusiness industry.
- “Coordinated Agricultural Support Program (CASP)”. Joint project for the California State Coastal Conservancy and the City of Arroyo Grande. March 1992 – present, ongoing workshops with agribusiness participants and public officials. Development of land use policy for the Arroyo Grande Valley.
- “Economic Benefit-Cost Evaluation and Farmer Risk Analysis of the Oxnard Plain in Ventura County, California.” Paper presented at Reconnaissance Review Conference of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, South Pacific Division, San Francisco. Repeat presentation to chairs and select member of U.S. Senate and House Subcommittee on Water Resources and the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers Staff, Washington D.C.