Edwin Sexton Dean
- Ph.D., Economics, 1988, University of Illinois
- M.S., Economics, 1985, University of Illinois
- B.A., Economics, 1982, Brigham Young University
- Labor Economics
- Econometrics and Statistics
- "Using The Major Field Test - Business as an Assessment Tool and Impetus for Program Improvement: Fifteen Years of Experience at Virginia Military Institute," February 2008, Journal of College Teaching and Learning, Volume 5, Number 2 (with H. Francis Bush, Floyd H. Duncan and Clifford T. West.)
- "International Support For U.S. Foreign Policy: The Role Of Foreign Aid, Trade Integration And Social Development", June 2004, International Business and Economics Research Journal (with Atin Basu and Tinni Sen) This paper also appeared in the refereed proceedings of the International Applied Business Research Conference in March 2004.
- "Gender Differences in the Returns to and the Acquisition of On-The-Job Training" In Women in the Labor Market (part of the Series The International Library of Critical Writings in Economics), edited by Marianne A. Ferber; London, Edward Elgar Press, 1998 (with Reed Neil Olsen)
- "Gender Differences in the Returns to and the Acquisition of On-the-Job Training: 1976-1985", January 1996, Industrial Relations (with Reed Neil Olsen)
- "Returns to On-the-Job Training: Are They the Same for Blacks and Whites" Volume 61, No. 2, October 1994, Southern Economic Journal (with Reed Neil Olsen)
- "Computer-Aided Instruction in the Learning of the Principles of Economics," Social Science Computer Review, Volume 12, No. 3, Fall 1994, (with Michael Reclam)
- "Managerial Perceptions of Labor-Management Cooperation" Industrial Relations, Vol. 33, No. 3, July 1994, (with Martin M. Perline).
- "The Effect of Education on Self-Employment Success," Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 9, No. 2, March 1994, (with Peter B. Robinson).
- "The Public Rate of Return on Investments in U.S. Higher Education" The Journal of Social, Political and Economic Studies Vol. 18, No. 4, Winter 1993 (with Jay R. Highfill)
- "U.S. Foreign Aid: Is it for Friends, Development, or Politics?" Journal of Social, Political, and Economic Studies, Volume 17, Numbers 3 & 4, Fall/Winter 1992, (with Terence N. Decker)
- "The Impact of Tax Exemptions on Economic Development: The Case of Wichita and Sedgwick County" Business and Economic Report, Volume XXII, No. 1, Spring, (1992), (with C. H. Forrest).
- "The Effects of School Location on the Earnings of Black and White Youths" Economics of Education Review, Volume 11, Number 1, (1992) (with Janet F. Nickel).
- "Residential Location, Workplace Location, and Black Earnings" The Review of Regional Studies Volume 21, Number 1, (Spring 1991).
- "Succeeding at Self-Employment: Is There a Geographical Component?" Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, 1990, (with Peter B. Robinson).
- "The Economic and Demographic Determinants of Self-Employment" Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, 1989, (with Peter B. Robinson).