Students must be registered for Dance internships BEFORE the third week of school. Past experience will generally not be counted towards an internship. The DA 498 Course Syllabus has more information about Dance Internships. For additional information on internships, please visit with the Internship Coordinator, Shawn Fisher, phone mumber: 496-4857, Office: MC 213.
All internships must be pre-approved and registered for before the student begins the internship experience. The student is responsible to:
- Complete the necessary prerequisites for the internship experience.
- Find an internship/job opportunity.
- Go to www.byui.edu/careerservices and complete the Initial Internship Approval form.
- Take the completed Initial Internship Approval form to KIM 230 with any other necessary documentation.
- Ensure employer/internship provider registers online and signs the Master Internship Agreement with BYU-Idaho.
- When the internship is approved, the BYU-Idaho Internship Office will register the student for the internship.
The following is a compiled listing of Career Development Resources put together by the Dance Department. It includes information on Dance Festivals, Websites & Intensives, Dance Companies, Studios, Grad Programs, BYU-Idaho Internship Information, Housing Resources & BYU-I Contacts, and Tips for Success. To view this booklet click here
This page links to a PDF document. A free PDF reader can be found at https://get.adobe.com/reader/