Answer each of the following statements either True or False. If you can answer true to any of these statements, your vulnerability for cardiovascular disease is increased.
- When driving, I get irritated at drivers who cut me off or drive too slowly. I frequently blow my horn and try to pass them.
- I react with gestures, raised voice, and increased heart rate when someone does something incompetent, messy, inconsiderate, or unfair or after an irritating encounter.
- I think cashiers will shortchange me if they can.
- I feel my anger is justified. I feel an urge to punish people – plot to get back at them.
- I frequently feel irritated when I stand in line or drive.
- I like to have the last word in an argument.
- In a checkout express line, if the person in front of me has more items than the limit, I get frustrated.
- If I see a nonhandicapped person park in a handicapped driver’s space, I feel anger inside.
- When I am angry, I keep things bottled-up inside, pout, and sulk.