BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.
DCM 300 Collaborative Design & Innovation
(Winter 2014, Spring 2014, Fall 2015)
(Requires DCM 110, 130, & 140)
This is a capstone course designed to test the students' abilities to design think, communicate effectively, and apply aesthetic and logical judgment as they solve real-world problems. Students will work in small diverse groups in an open laboratory of innovation. The level of complexity will increase for each design problem leading up to the "wicked problem" that has incomplete, contradictory, and changing requirements.
· Demonstrate the ability to work in a diverse group to solve real world problems.
· Demonstrate a mastery of the design thinking mindset.
· Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate ideas visually and verbally.
· Demonstrate the ability to develop and test ideas using prototypes.
· Demonstrate the ability to evaluate ideas based on aesthetic and logical judgment.
· Demonstrate the ability to address problems with incomplete, contradictory, and changing requirements.