Matthew Heywood -Faculty
- B.S, Chemistry, Southern Utah University, 2006
- Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry, Brigham Young University, 2012
- Chemistry Education
- Analytical Chemistry
- Laser-Induced Fluorescence
- Ambient Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry
Selected Publications and Presentations
1. Heywood, M. S.; Taylor, N.; Farnsworth, P. B. Measurement of Helium Metastable Atom Densities in a Plasma-Based Ambient Ionization Source. Anal. Chem. 2011, 83, 6493-6499.
2. Heywood, M. S.; Farnsworth, P. B. Optimization of Native Fluorescence Detection of Proteins Using a Pulsed Nanolaser Excitation Source. Applied Spectroscopy. 2010, 64, 1283-1288.
3. Matthew Heywood, Jonathan Wright, Paul Farnsworth. Optical and Mass Spectrometric Studies of a Helium Dielectric Barrier Discharge Used as an Ambient Ionization Source. Oral Presentation at FACSS Conference. Raleigh, NC. October, 2010.