David Collins - Faculty
- B.S. in Chemistry, Weber State University (1990-1997)
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Brigham Young University (1997-2001)
- Industry Experience: Palmar Technologies, Provo, Utah, (Summers 2004 and 2005)
- Teaching Experience: Weber State University (2001 - 2003), Colorado State University - Pueblo (2003 - 2006), BYU-I (2006 - present)
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemistry Education
- Undergraduate Research
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Planar Chromatography
Selected Publications and Presentations
1. Collins, D. C. "A Unit Cell Laboratory Experiment: Marbles, Magnets, and Stacking Arrangements" Journal of Chemical Education, 2011, 88, 1318 - 1322.
2. Collins, D.C. "Investigating Chemistry in the Laboratory, Second Edition", Laboratory Manual, ISBN 1-4292-2243-3, W. H. Freeman and Company, New York, 2009.
3. Zhou, L.; Collins, D. C.; Lee, E. D.; Lee, M. L. " Mechanical Ion Gate for Electrospray-Ionization Ion-Mobility Spectrometry" Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2007, 388, 189-194.