Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Plans
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) plans are a month-to-month/no contract plan with Sprint and is available for new and existing phone lines. There is no BYOD plan available for tablets/iPads at this time.
You may use a previously owned phone or purchase one elsewhere to add to the BYUI Sprint account. BYOD devices must be one of the following options:
- Any Sprint device
- Unlocked iPhone 6, 6+, 6S, or 6S+ or newer from any cell phone provider
- Unlocked iPhone 7, 7+, 5S or 5C from Verizon only
- Previously used phones from other providers are limited to:
- Google Nexus 5, 5x, 6, 6P (limited to certain colors/memory sizes)
- Google Pixel, Pixel XL
- Moto G4, G4 Play, G4 Plus, X Pure, G5
- Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Special Edition
You will not be automatically changed over to the BYOD plan when you become eligible. Please submit your request to add a device to the BYOD plan at web.byui.edu/cellphone.
Once on the BYOD plan, you may upgrade to a subsidized device at any time. Your plan will then change to the subsidized monthly price. If you are on a subsidized device purchased through the Sprint Department, you must satisfy your 12 or 24-month commitment with Sprint BEFORE you can change to the BYOD plan. Once that commitment is satisfied, contact the Sprint Department to make the change. Visit Sprint's BYOD webpage for more information about Bring Your Own Device.