University Wireless Plan
At BYU Idaho, we offer Sprint service as an added benefit to your employment. We are not motivated by promotions and/or commissions like a typical retail Sprint store. You are welcome, but not required, to utilize this service along with any family and friends you wish to add to our corporate account. You will be responsible for payment on all lines billed to your I-number.
Looking to upgrade a phone? or change your service?Click Here to make changes on your account
Need Help? Watch our helpful Tutorials
- The BYU Idaho cell phone plan is a contract is between the University and Sprint effective 3/23/17 - 3/22/19. Standard pricing, specials, and offers available to individual Sprint accounts cannot be applied to the BYUI account. All orders, activations, phone number changes, plan additions, etc. must be handled by the Sprint Department at BYUI. The account is under their stewardship and you will not be able to make these changes at a regular Sprint store.
- Phones are shipped from the Sprint warehouse in Louisville, KY. Standard shipping is free and is 4-6 business days. 2-day shipping is $10 extra per phone and overnight shipping is $12 extra per phone. We cannot ship to P.O. boxes, California, or international addresses.
- All plans on the BYUI Sprint contract are unlimited talk, text, and optimized/4G LTE data. They also include 5GB/month mobile hotspot at no extra charge.
- Optimized data means streaming is optimized for video at up to 480p+ resolution, music streams at up to 500kbps, and online gaming streams at up to 2mbps. Data is unlimited 4G LTE for most everything else.
- Data roaming is limited to 100MB per month throttled to 64kb thereafter. You will not be charged for overages on data roaming.
- Free hotspot is 5GB of 4G LTE data per month per line. After 5GB, it will be limited to 2G speeds. You will not be charged for overages.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) plans are now available as a month-to-month/no contract plan with Sprint and is available for new and existing phone lines. There is no BYOD plan avaialable for tablets/iPads at this time. You must submit a request to be switched to the BYOD plan. It is not an automatic process. Click here for more info about BYOD plans and devices.
- Our bill cycle runs from the 23rd of the month to the 22nd of the next month. Any limitations for plan features reset on the 23rd of every month.
- You may upgrade your phone on the first day of the month when your 1-year or 2-year contract expires. For example, if your contract expires on 6/20/17, you may upgrade on 6/1/17. There is no option for early upgrade.
- You may return your phone for any reason within the first 14 days for a full refund of the price of the phone. There is a $35 restocking fee on all returns unless the device is defective upon arrival.
- A Cold Device fee is charged if your new device is not activated within 60 days of ordering. It is also charged if the device is not active on your line for the first 60 days. This is usually the balance of the price of your device. For example, if you pay $200 for a $650 phone, the cold device fee is $450.
- Warranty on all devices is limited to the manufacturer's warranty-usually one year. If you would like further coverage, you will need to purchase insurance for your phone.