During the Career Fair, businesses and graduate schools will be on campus to recruit students for open positions and programs. Representatives are willing to answer questions and provide essential information regarding their organizations.
Before the fair:
- Do your research; review the companies and graduate schools that are coming by signing onto Handshake and finding the fair under the events tab. Thoroughly research the organizations you are interested in.
- Prepare your résumé. Sign up for a résumé review at iplan.byui.edu or attend the Resume Cafe.
- Practice your interview skills. Sign up for a practice interview at iplan.byui.edu or attend the Mock Interview Marathon.
- Attend career week activities.
At the fair:
- Business attire is appropriate and expected by the visiting organizations.
- Once logged in to byui.joinhandshake.com look up the map.
- Introduce yourself to the organizations that interest you. Give your name, major, and year in school. Tell them what appeals to you about their organization, why you would be interested in working for them, and find out how you can apply for a position with them.
- If possible, schedule interviews with prospective employers.
- Get contact information so you can follow up later.
After the fair:
- Attend information sessions; these can be great networking opportunities.
- Arrive early and prepared to your previously scheduled interviews.
- If a company you are interested in is not holding information sessions or interviews, follow up with them within a week.