Students will register themselves for one of the IBC courses: B 342.
- If the registration system allows you to register for B 342 then you will be automatically added to the rest of your coursework for the IBC by the Registrar’s Office after grades are posted. Class meets daily 7:45-10:45 a.m. OR MWF 2-4:50 p.m. and TR 3-5:30 p.m.
- If the system does not allow you register then that means that you have not passed one of the pre-reqs. Therefore, you will need to meet with Sister Staiger in SMI 231 to ascertain your eligibility.
- Do not register for B 301 321, 341 or 361 - these are not the IBC courses. Even if you are a business major and your degree audit says to take these classes, DO NOT. You must take the IBC which is B 302, 322, 342 and 362.
- Please be aware that those taking the IBC as part of a minor or cluster will still not be able to register for the IBC without approval from Sister Staiger in SMI 231. This is due to the fact that the registration system does not recognize the completition of the pre-reqs. As long as you have completed the pre-reqs specific to your cluster/minor you will be eligible to take the IBC.
At the end of Fall 2013 and after all grades are posted:
- Sister Staiger will review those who have been added to the IBC for Winter 2014.
- If we find that you received a less than a C- in a pre-requisite course for the IBC then the whole IBC (12 credits) will be dropped from your schedule by the university and you will need to take the IBC during a later semester.
Also, the IBC course numbers have been changed beginning Fall 2010.
- They are now B 302, B 322, B 342, and B 362 (no longer B 301, B 321, B 341, B 361)
- During Fall 2012 you will have to go to SMI 227 and fill out a substitution form so that these courses will count for the previous IBC courses listed on your degree audit. If you do not do this then you cannot graduate.
These are the things that make you ineligible for the IBC:
- You haven’t completed B100/B279 or the substitution worksheet.
- You were an incoming freshman Fall 2007 or later and haven’t completed B 298 Beginning Internship.
- You haven’t completed all the IBC pre-reqs for you catalog year with a C- or higher.
- You have past due debt on your account that needs to be paid before you can register.
- You are not a Business Management major. If this is the case please see the Business Management department to receive authorization to add the course.