Business Management Internship Exception Request Form: This form is for students who would like to take the B 398 internship during their last semester.
What does Brother Henry J. Eyring say about internships?
The College of Business and Communication Internship office is located in SMI 227 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-496-9840.
General information about university requirements and registration for internships can be found on the BYU-Idaho Internship page.
Students must be registered for Business Management internships BEFORE the third week of school. Past experience will generally not be counted towards an internship. Business Management students are to complete 2 internships: B 298 and B 398. B 298 must be done during the freshman or sophomore year BEFORE taking the IBC (B 302, 322, 342, and 362). B 398 must be completed after the IBC and before B 499A/B 499B. Students cannot do the B 398 internship during their last semester.
B 298 requires 90 hours of work with a minimum of 15 hours per week for 8 consecutive weeks.
B 398 requires 270 hours of work with a minimum of 15 hours per week for 8 consecutive weeks.
All internships must be pre-approved and registered for before the student begins the internship experience. The student is responsible to:
- Complete necessary pre-reqs for the internship experience.
- Find an internship/job opportunity.
- Read the instructions.
- Go to the BYU-Idaho Internship site and complete the Intial Internship Approval paperwork as outlined under How do I register?
- Set up appointment with Lane Muranaka in MC 129I to discuss Initial Internship Approval form.
- Take completed Initial Internahip Approval Form to MC 129 with any other necessary documentation.
- Ensure employer/internship provider registers online and signs the Master Internship Agreement with BYU-Idaho.
- When the internship is approved, the BYU-Idaho Internship Office will send you an email letting you know you can register yourself for the internship.
If a student doesn't complete his or her homework assignments, he or she will not pass the internship and therefore not be eligible to graduate.