The Hart building was named for a prominent Idaho state legislator who served on the school’s Board of Education for over 20 years, the last 8 years as chairman. He led the appeal to the state legislature and the Church during the 1930's to keep the school open. Recent rennovations include a skybridge conecting the Hart Building to the BYU-Idaho Center and an updated Fitness Center. The Fitness Center now includes a cardio section with treadmills, ellipticals, rowing machines and bikes, a spinning section were classes are held, and an open gym area with dumbells, bench presses, and various machines.
- A new organ, valued at $90,000, was donated by an anonymous Utah couple in April of 1993.
- Women's training rooms, showers, and dressing rooms not added until 1978.