Named for the school's first principal, who served March 26, 1847 – September 27, 1903. Principal Spori was a highly educated man who had degrees in "mathematics, arts and music, and metallurgy. He worked hard, unselfishly, and almost single-handedly to see that the school remained open through the first difficult years. He had set the example of selfless service, which became a characteristic of principals of the fledgling academy.
- Original woodwork and stones can be found on the third floor. The original building burned down in 2000 during demolition. Many bricks recovered from the original basement still have the names and dates that students wrote on them more than 100 years ago.