This page refers to on-campus marketing. For off-campus marketing, please refer to the Off-Campus Branding Guidelines.
Posters are a quick and effective advertising channel. However, we advise against relying solely on posters. Layered channel usage is more effective.
Remember that you only have a few seconds to capture your audience's attention with a poster. As such, make sure that your poster captures and retains attention immediately. Don't write a headline with more than seven or eight words. Keep content clutter to a minimum.
BYU-Idaho Login is required in order to view and download from the Download Library.
Determine what your message is, the best way to communicate it, and what action you desire you viewers to take when others receive the message.
These advertisements can be placed in the University's academic buildings. They can also be placed on pre-approved boards. They may be placed on departments' boards with permission. Remember that posters found in unapproved places will be taken down.
- Posters have very high visibility.
- Posters are relatively inexpensive.
- Posters can be strategically placed in order to capture the attention of particular target markets.
- Posters can capture the same person's attention multiple times if that person habitually passes the poster throughout the day/week. This ensures that the person will remember the poster's message and retain its information.
- Posters are a heavily used medium for advertising, which creates competition for your audience's attention.
- Posters can only be placed in specific, pre-approved locations throughout campus.
- Posters provide only a limited amount of space for content.
- Posters are vulnerable to being covered by other posters or removed.
Estimated Cost (verify prices with vendor before ordering):
- $1.15 per poster
Acquire University approval and the verification stamp (if needed) before publishing.
Approvals and their digital display stamps are usually valid for only a semester and apply only to the submitted marketing material. An Advertising & Marketing Assistant will contact you within two business days. Please include the following information in your submission using the Approval Submission Form:
- PDF of your poster.
- Number of posters you plan to print.
- Where you will be placing them (for Academic Buildings, please list the buildings where you plan to place your posters).
- Image sources for copyright purposes.
You may print your posters as soon as you receive approval and the digital display stamp. If you have received approval, but have forgotten to place the stamp, you may come to the Advertising & Marketing office to receive a physical stamp.
Print or export your media, and distribute your message through official BYU-Idaho marketing channels.
Place media in any of the following designated buildings:
- Austin: First floor bulletin board and poster rails.
- Benson: Poster rails on first and second floors and bulletin board on second floor.
- Clarke: Bulletin boards on all three floors.
- Hart: Poster rails on second floor only and bulletin board in east hall, second floor.
- Kimball: Poster rails on first and second floors, south end of building. Use of Kimball bulletin boards requires permission from the adjacent offices.
- Kirkham: Bulletin boards at south entrance, first and second floor in west hallway.
- Manwaring Center: Bulletin boards on Mall and Testing Center.
- McKay Library: Requires approval from the library Administrative office.
- Ricks: Poster rails on all floors. Use of Rick's bulletin boards requires permission from the adjacent offices.
- Romney: Poster rails on all three floors. Some open bulletin boards on first and second floors.
- Smith: Poster rails on all floors. Use of Smith bulletin boards requires permission from the adjacent offices.
- Snow: Poster rails in halls on first and second floors. Use of Snow bulletin boards requires permission from the adjacent offices.
- Spori: Bulletin boards in south entrance and stairways.
- Taylor: Bulletin boards on first floor.
Place the approval stamp on your posters before printing. Please do not place it in the black bar area. You may print your posters as soon as you receive approval, and the digital stamp. If you have received approval but have forgotten to place the stamp, you may come to the Advertising & Marketing office to receive a physical stamp. Remove posters once stamp date has passed. Please do not place posters inside classrooms and do not tape posters to walls.