This page refers to on-campus marketing. For off-campus marketing please refer to the Off-Campus Marketing Style Guide.
These advertisements can be placed in the university’s academic buildings. They can also be placed on pre-approved boards. They may be placed on departments' boards with permission. Remember that posters found in unapproved locations will be taken down.
- Posters have very high visibility.
- Posters are relatively inexpensive.
- Posters can be strategically placed in order to capture the attention of particular target markets.
- Posters can capture the same person’s attention multiple times if that person habitually passes the poster throughout the day/week. This ensures that the person will remember the poster's message and retain its information.
- Posters are a heavily used medium for advertising, which creates competition for your audience’s attention.
- Posters can only be placed in specific, pre-approved locations throughout campus.
- Posters provide only a limited amount of space for content.
- Posters are vulnerable to being covered by other posters or removed.
Estimated Cost (verify prices with vendor before ordering):
An Advertising and Marketing Assistant will contact you within 2 business days. Please include the following information in your submission using the On-campus Marketing Approval Submission Form:
- PDF of your poster.
- Number of posters you plan to print.
- Where you will be placing them (for Academic Buildings, please list the buildings where you plan to place your posters).
- Image sources for copyright purposes.
You may print your posters as soon as you receive approval and the digital approval stamp. If you have received approval but have forgotten to place the stamp on the poster before printing, you may come to the Advertising and Marketing office in Biddulph 317 to receive a physical approval stamp.
Place media in any of the following designated buildings:
- Austin: First floor bulletin board and poster rails.
- Benson: Poster rails on first and second floors. Bulletin board on the second floor.
- Clarke: Bulletin boards on all three floors.
- Hart: Poster rails on the second floor only. Bulletin board in east hall, second floor.
- Kimball: Poster rails on first and second floors, south end of the building. Use of Kimball bulletin boards requires permission from the adjacent offices.
- Kirkham: Bulletin boards at south entrance, first and second floor in the west hallway.
- Manwaring Center: Bulletin boards on Mall and Testing Center Levels.
- McKay Library: Requires approval from the library Administrative office.
- Ricks: Poster rails on all floors. Use of Rick's bulletin boards requires permission from the adjacent offices.
- Romney: Poster rails on all three floors. Some open bulletin boards on first and second floors.
- Smith: Poster rails on all floors. Use of Smith bulletin boards requires permission from the adjacent offices.
- Snow: Poster rails in halls on first and second floors. Use of Snow bulletin boards requires permission from the adjacent offices.
- Spori: Bulletin boards in south entrance and stairways.
- Taylor: Bulletin boards on the first floor.
Remove posters once the approval stamp has expired.
Please do not place posters inside classrooms and do not tape posters to walls.