This page refers to on-campus marketing. For off-campus marketing please refer to the Off-Campus Marketing Style Guide.
Determine if the channel best communicates your message to your target audience and will deliver the desired outcome of your marketing plan.
- Does your target audience get information from this channel?
- Does this channel have any scheduled slots available for your event?
- Will this channel help your message get noticed?
Large posters placed in outdoor metal frames around campus or in enclosed poster cases located inside the MC.
- Oversized posters are placed in the most highly populated areas around campus.
- They are highly visible and can be seen from a distance.
- They are easily scheduled and do not need a display stamp.
- This format is great for ads that need to be used repeatedly.
- Outdoor oversized posters are exposed to wind, snow, and water. As a result, they could potentially sustain damage.
- They cost more than the standard 11x17 posters, but have a better response rate and require fewer posters.
- Reservations are limited to two weeks at a time, with a week break in between.
- Space is limited and is often in high demand.
Estimated Cost (verify prices with vendor before ordering):
An Advertising and Marketing Assistant will contact you within two business days. Please include the following information in your submission using the On-Campus Marketing Approval Submission Form:
- PDF of your oversized poster.
- Number of posters you plan to print.
- Preferred post dates and locations.
- Image sources for copyright purposes.
Note: There is a two-week policy for oversized posters. Posters are posted for two weeks at a time. Before they can go up again, they must have a week long break. If you wish to have your oversized poster up for an extended time, please contact our office at (208) 496-3110.
Once your design has been approved and scheduled, print your posters and bring them to the Advertising and Marketing office in Biddulph 317 two days before their scheduled display date. Oversized posters are a scheduled medium and do not require a digital or physical approval stamp.
- All oversized posters will be posted by the Advertising and Marketing office.
- They can alternate between the MC and outdoors.
- They do not need to be laminated.
- Content is visible on one side only.