This page refers to on-campus marketing. For off-campus marketing please refer to the Off-Campus Marketing Style Guide.
Before creating the advertisement with this channel, read the information below to understand its purpose. If this channel best communicates the message to the target audience and will deliver the desired outcome of the marketing plan, then you can proceed to create the advertisement.
Newsletters provide information about events to both on and off-campus audiences. The template you use depends upon the nature of your communication, your audience, and where you will display your message.
- Newsletters are underused but can be very powerful because they are an opportunity to get a lot of information out to an audience.
- Newsletters are often used for guest speaking events, touring groups, and other off-campus events.
- Newsletter templates are easy to use.
- Newsletters can be time consuming simply because it takes a lot to design and write enough content to justify the format.
- Newsletters can become expensive.
Estimated Cost (verify cost with vendor before ordering):
Varies depending on how many pages, single or double sided, black and white or color, binding, total quantity, etc.
An Advertising and Marketing assistant will contact you within two business days. Please include the following information in your submission using the On-Campus Marketing Approval Submission Form:
- PDF of your Newsletter.
- Number of Newsletters you plan to print.
- Image sources for copyright purposes.
Note: If a Newsletter is planned to be mailed on campus, check the Campus Mail section.
Send the Newsletter to press when the template is ready for printing. Finished prints can either be returned to you or sent straight to Mail Services. Departments sometimes have a tab on which pending charges are placed for later payment.