With literally thousands of pages of information on BYU-Idaho's website, how do you find what you're looking for quickly and easily? The new byui.edu has several navigation areas, menus, lists of links, and search functions to guide you. These tools will continually evolve to direct you to the information you need and improve how you use the site.
- Unified navigation terms help you find and compare information across colleges and departments.
- Drop-down menus allow you to see more links without leaving the page.
- "Highlighted Links" pull important links to the surface that would otherwise be located deep in the site.
- These links can change as important information is updated from semester to semester.
- "Quick Links" offer the most popular pages and resources to improve navigation time and ease.
- Websites can group and categorize links with column titles.
- Audience pages present relevant information for specific audiences.
- Pages will contain different links, messages, and information depending on which audience you belong to.
- This approach is also being applied to individual department and office Web sites.
- Drop-down menus and links for general campus resources and information are housed in the header of every page on the new site.
- An A-Z Index can be accessed from the header for easy navigation.