The new BYU-Idaho Web site is built on a modern content management system called Web Builder, replacing the previous Web Editor system. Site administration is improved, page creation and maintenance are simplified, and features and services are enhanced - all while providing a foundation for future functionality. Thanks to the new system, site authors can focus on what matters most: great content. They'll also enjoy a support community to learn better web publishing techniques and new technologies. If you're interested in helping with BYU-Idaho Web pages or have questions or feedback, let us know.
- Web Builder is a "smart" system with many automatic and easy-to-use functions.
- Training tabs will give authors all the materials needed to build a site.
- Orientation will be held each semester to introduce new authors to Web Builder.
- A variety of approved templates allow authors to present content easily and effectively.
- Templates are designed with all skill levels in mind. Beginners and experienced programmers alike will benefit from these templates.
Web Community and Resources
- A campus web developers community is forming to discuss web communication needs and to train authors.
- The Help Desk and Academic Technology Services will provide immediate support for authors in the new system.