View the AFY Summer Video!
What AFY offers you!
- Whitewater Rafting
- Ropes Course
- Yellowstone National Park Visit
- Inspiring Firesides
- Daily Devotionals
- Group Games
- Nightly Scripture-Based Discussions
Arrival Time and Check-in
All participants should arrive on the BYU-Idaho campus on Monday between 1p.m. and 1:30 p.m. Check-in will be in the Manwaring Center room 127. Due to limited resources we are unable to accommodate early arrivals or late check outs.
Please park in the parking stalls south of the BYU-Idaho Center. This lot is only available during check-in and check-out time and is not available for overnight or long-term parking. Long-term parking passes are available upon request at check-in. Be prepared to show your rain gear and water bottle at check-in.
The program will conclude on Friday at 1:45 p.m. Parents should meet their youth outside the BYU-Idaho Center near the circle drive at 3:00 p.m.
Extraordinary activities build confidence in a challenging and spiritual atmosphere. The best way to be part of this amazing AFY experience is to be open minded and have a good attitude. Adventure for Youth is a program designed to give you the time of your life. There is a large variety of activities that are planned to help build new friendships, stronger confidence, and a trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
AFY Packing List
Preparing for AFY
- Gain access to AFY Web to make new friends and partake in online devotionals.
- Make sure you have proper travel arrangements that match the program's dates and times.
- Do not participate in any dangerous activities the week before AFY.
- Establish an exercise routine.
- Study the scriptures and pray daily.
- Write in your journal before, during and after AFY.
- Register for AFY
Keep your AFY experience alive with the following suggestions:
- Write your thoughts about your experience in your journal.
- Stay in contact with your friends from AFY. Create a Facebook fan page for your session.
- Set goals about what you want to accomplish after AFY.
- Pray for guidance on how you can apply what you learned from AFY.