Did you know that...
- There are more than 150 Million Russian speakers in the world, making it the world's 8th most spoken language!
- During the Second World War, metro stations were used as air-raid shelters. 150 people were born there.
- The way from Moscow to Chicago is closer than from Chicago to Rio-de-Janeiro.
- The closest point between Russia and America is only 4 km long.
- The total length of the Kremlin walls is 2235 meters.
- The biggest flood in Moscow was in the year of 1908, when waters went up to 9 metres and immersed 1600 hectares of the city territory.
- There are 7 identical high-rise buildings in Moscow: 2 hotels, 2 administrative buildings, 2 blocks of flats and the Moscow State University.
- There are 7 towns in the Golden Ring of Russia.
- The Moscow River is 65 km long and flows along the whole city.