Welcome to the BYU-Idaho Polish Association home page! Most people think that in order to join Polish Association you have to be Polish, but this is not true. We are happy to have anyone come learn Polish and welcome all skill levels! We hope to help you develop strong friendships and an understanding of Polish culture via fun activities and games. Hope to see you there!
Join us on Facebook!
Contact: Tiffany Owen
|How are you?
||Jak się masz
|What's your name?
||Jak się nazywasz?
Jak masz na imię?
|My name is ...
||Mam na imię ...
Nazywam się ...
1. Poland is the 9th largest country in Europe by land area.
2. Poland's national symbol is the White Eagle.
3. In Poland, bananas are peeled from the blossom end not the stem end.
4. Pizza, or zapiekanka, in Poland does not contain tomato sauce. It is a popular street food served on a baguette with melted cheese, mushrooms, and ketchup.
5. The Polish alphabet consists of 32 letters.
6. The most popular name for a dog in Poland is Burek which translates to: "brownish-grey color".
7. The 1st floor is regarded as floor "0" so you press "1" when you want to go to the 2nd floor in the elevator.
8. The biggest section of any grocery store in Poland is the candy section.
9. Traditionally, the main meal of 3 courses is eaten around 2pm, starting with a soup, a main course of meat and a dessert.
10. Polish dumplings or "pierogi" are one of national dishes and one of the best recognizable Polish food outside Poland.