Welcome to the BYU-Idaho Korean Association home page!
We love to help others. We have meetings and activities every week. Come join us!
President: Hansol Jeong
Whether you go to Korea, or just want to talk to people around campus, these words will help you blow them away with your language skills. Have fun!
Useful Korean Words
|어떻게 지내세요? (eotteohke jinaeseyo?)||
How are you?
I'm fine, thanks.
사랑해 (sarang hae)
I love you
Did you know that...
- The capital of South Korea is Seoul, which is the largest city in the country.
- The emigration rate of South Korea is one of the highest in the world, with most of the ethnic Koreans migrating to China, the United States, Japan, and countries of the former Soviet Union.
- South Korea has the world's highest estimated national IQ, with leading rankings in mathematics, science, problem solving and reading, as declared by the OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development).
- South Korea has the most sophisticated IT infrastructure in the world and is world-renowned in information technology, with leading brand names like Samsung and LG.
- South Korea is one of the 5 most popular automobile makers in the world, leaded by brands like Hyundai and Kia.
- South Korea also earns credit for being the largest shipbuilder in the world.
- POSCO, the third largest steel producer in the world, is based in South Korea.
- South Korea is the foremost construction contractor in the world, having built some of the world's most prominent buildings, like the Burj Dubai and Taipei 101.
- Snuppy, the world's first cloned dog (Afghan Hound), was created at Seoul National University (SNU) in South Korea.
- The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) in South Korea developed the world's second walking humanoid robot, HUBO.
- EveR-1 is the world's second female android (robot created to resemble humans) developed by scientists from South Korea.