Welcome to the BYU Idaho Filipino Association home page!
Come join the Filipino association, and feel like you are back home.
We do not currently have a Filipino Association President. Please contact us if you are interested by emailing, calling, or coming into the Rigby 272 M-F between 2 and 5 pm.
Contact:President: Dylan KingsburyPhone: 208-949-3529Email: email@example.com
Pinoy Spaghetti Recipe
- 2 lbs Spaghetti
- 1 big bottle banana ketchup(you can buy this in salt lake city) (or just regular ketchup and add sugar)
- 1 big can Tomato sauce (approximately 4 cups)
- ½ cup Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ lbs Ground Meat (pork or beef)
- 4 pcs Hotdogs, sliced
- Brown Sugar
- 1 medium sized Onion, diced
- Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 36 ounces Water (about 1 liter)
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- In a large pot, pour the water in and bring to a boil
- Put-in the salt and oil
- Add the Spaghetti Noodles and cook until tender (see package for cooking time) then set aside
- Using a separate pan, saute the garlic and onions
- Put-in the ground meat and let cook for 5 minutes
- Add the hotdogs and cook for 2 minutes
- Put-in the tomato sauce, banana ketchup, tomato paste, and brown sugar then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
- Place the sauce on top of the cooked noodles and add some cheese
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Whether you go to the Philippines, or just want to talk to people around campus, these words will help you blow them away with your language skills. Have fun!
Useful Tagalog Words
|How are you?
|I love you
The Philippines is made up of 7,107 Islands.
Those islands have 171 Different dialects.
Its the home of the Tarsier, whish is one of the world's smallest primates.
There are 2 temples, and one more has been announced.
It is known for its rice terraces.
In the Tabon Cave Complex of the Philippines, fossil evidence of Homo sapiens have been found. According to studies, the area was inhabited around 50,000 years ago. We really have a rich heritage and history to unearth.
Mount Apoin the island of Mindanao is the highest point in the Philippines at an altitude of 2,954 m.
The Philippines was one of Spain's colonies from 1521 to 1898. Subsequently, it went into the hands of the USA.
University of Santo Tomas in Manila, established in 1611, is Asia’s second oldest university.
The first female president of the Philippines sworn into office in 1986 was Corazon Cojuangco Aquino.