Welcome to the BYU Idaho Filipino Association home page!
Come join the Filipino association, and feel like you are back home.
We do not currently have a Filipino Association President. Please contact us if you are interested by emailing, calling, or coming into the Rigby 272 M-F between 2 and 5 pm.
Pinoy Sphagetti Recipe
- 2 lbs Spaghetti
- 1 big bottle banana ketchup (or just regular ketchup and add sugar)
- 1 big can Tomato sauce (approximately 4 cups)
- ½ cup Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ lbs Ground Meat (pork or beef)
- 4 pcs Hotdogs, sliced
- Brown Sugar
- 1 medium sized Onion, diced
- 1 Big bottle of Banana Ketchup (you can buy this in salt lake city)
- Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 36 ounces Water (about 1 liter)
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- In a large pot, pour the water in and bring to a boil
- Put-in the salt and oil
- Add the Spaghetti Noodles and cook until tender (see package for cooking time) then set aside
- Using a separate pan, saute the garlic and onions
- Put-in the round meat and let cook for 5 minutes
- Add the hotdogs and cook for 2 minutes
- Put-in the tomato sauce, banana catsup, tomato paste, and brown sugar then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
- Place the sauce on top of the cooked noodles and add some cheese
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!