Winter 2020 BFA Dates
March 16, 2020 by 5:00 pm, Spori 316
March 23, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. in Spori 316
Late Portfolios will NOT be accepted.
New Application Process
How to apply for the BFA program.
- Discuss with your faculty mentor if the BFA is right for you. You will also want to get their input on your Grad Plan and your portfolio, both of which are required later in the application.
Note you can apply only twice for the BFA program.
- Go to iplan.byui.edu. You must make an alternate Grad Plan for your desired BFA degree. If you would like help, please contact Performing and Visual Arts Academic Advising. You can do this by submitting your grad plan online, or by phoning, emailing, or visiting the advising office.
- After your Grad Plan is approved, apply by selecting “Make This My Declared Plan” at the bottom of the Grad Plan. This will lead you to the application questions.
- The information for all five questions asked in the application can be found in your Grad Plan. You can work with the advising office to get help with any questions you have.
The application will ask you how many credits you have completed (1), how many more credits you would need to graduate (2), how many of your completed credits are transfer credits (3), what your credit total at graduation would be (4), and what semester you would graduate. All of this information is found in your Grad Plan.
- Remember to submit your portfolio to the Art Department before 5 p.m. on the due date. Be sure to fill out the correct information so your portfolio will be correctly linked to your application. No late submissions will be accepted. Visit the BFA Info website or visit the Art Department in Spori 316 for deadlines.
- After your portfolio and Grad Plan are reviewed, you will receive a notification in I-Plan when a decision is made about your application.
- If you have been accepted into the BFA program, you will be able to accept the decision and change your major to the BFA you applied for.
If you have been denied from the BFA program, you can contact your faculty mentor for ideas about how you could prepare better if you decide to apply again. Note you can apply only twice for the BFA program.
Portfolio identification tags are available in Art Office Spori 316
Performing and Visual Arts Academic Advising contact information
Phone: (208) 496-9870
Location: Chapman 101
Location: Chapman 101
GALLERY WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
- Available For Winter
- Available For Spring
- Available For Fall