Current Full Time
Christensen Farms, a progressive family owned swine business, is one of the largest producers in the United States. With operations across 6 states throughout the Midwest, Christensen Farms prides itself in producing quality, safe and wholesome products that help feed people all over the world.
We are seeking dedicated people who have a desire to learn and a passion for the agricultural industry. Christensen Farms offers a wide variety of career opportunities, including, but not limited to:
- Feed Supply
- Research and Development
- And so much more!
Visit their website www.christensenfarms.com for a full list of opportunities or contact them directly at 1-800-889-8531.
RIDER POSITION AVAILABLE
Leadbelt Cattle Association
Starting May 15 - October 1 or when Forest Service request (due to dry season)
Pay: $1,700 month + bonus (discuss with Association member)
Horses allowed: 5 head
Dogs: up to rider
Grain will be furnished for 5 head maximum
Living arrangements: Wall tent or your own camper
During May and June, Saturdays and Sundays will be the days off. After the cattle arrive (July, August, September, October) no days off unless arranged with Association.
No drinking, smoking or drugs. Knowledge of cattle, roping, riding very helpful
Contact Rich Wootan - 208-599-0394 or Moj Broadie 208-339-7227
FULL TIME PERMANENT FARM & RANCH HAND WANTED
Job description includes helping with beef cattle, wheat, hay, irrigating and fencing. Pay depends on experience and abilities. Housing is available. Located in the Ucon area.
Call Ryan 208-313-5997 for more information. Can start immediately.
LACTALIS - Dairy Field Representative
Job Summary: This position, reporting to the Manager - Milk Procurement, will be based at teh Nampa Plant of Sorrento Lactalis, Inc. Will work on a daily basis with milk producers, plant and lab personnel and dairy farmers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with dairy producers on milk quality
- Work with state and federal officials and producers to keep up on new laws and inspections done at the farm
- Work with milk hauler on getting milk picked up at the farm
- Work on milk procurement when milk is needed
- Visitations at the dairies to see how things are going at the farm level
- Be on 24-hour call seven days a week when there is a problem at a dairy with anibiotics or warm milk
- Keep up state milk sampling license so as to take official samples at the farm when needed
- Attend meetings when needed to stay informed on what is happening in the dairy industry
- Work on sending daily dairy reports to producers and also sending out weekly reports in the mail
- Work with the plant and lab personnel on milk quality
- Special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Resonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Ideally incumbent will possess a Bachelor's degree from a college or university program; and five to ten years related experience, or equivalent combinations of education and experience. Must currently be familiar with milk and raw material procurement function for major dairy/food organization or manufacturer using a substantial amount of dairy products and related material.
To apply, or for more information about the position, visit http://www.lagcareers.com