BYUI ALUMNI PROFESSIONALS GROUP MISSION STATEMENT
The BYU-Idaho Alumni Professionals group mentors and supports current students and builds professional connections with fellow alumni. They do this by stimulating internship opportunities for students as well as hiring, promoting, and developing students and fellow alumni.
This group is comprised of alumni professionals who are serious about networking and who have experienced success in their professional careers. This group includes both graduates and those who attended BYU-Idaho but did not complete their degree.
Participation in this group will lead to meaningful connections with students and fellow alumni professionals. This will help you advance your network, increase your connections, and improve your career. Mentoring students within the group is also a rewarding service experience and meaningful way to give back to the university.
How to join
- Fill out the BYUI-Idaho Professionals Group Membership Form
- Watch the networking videos on this page
- Join the BYU-Idaho Professionals group on LinkedIn
- Actively participate on the LinkedIn group page by posting and commenting on articles
- Interact appropriately with others in the group
- Accept opportunities to teach or mentor students
- Contact the Alumni Office with available job/internship openings with your organizati
Networking 101 | 5 Steps to Networking Effectively: BYU-Idaho alumni Christopher Galbraith and Mikhail Christiansen share 5 key steps to networking effectively including where to get started and common networking pitfalls to avoid.
Networking Through Informational Interviews: Christopher Galbraith explains how to approach networking through informational interviews. Chris tells his story of how he landed his dream job on Wall Street by conducting informational interviews.