BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.
College of Agriculture and Life Science
College Faculty Development Committee (FDC)
||Animal & Food Science|
|Jared Williams||Applied Plant Science|
1. Faculty Development committee members approved by their respective chairs and trained by the dean in the process (emphasis: you are more than a reviewing body - you are coaches in your departments for your colleagues).
2. Electronic application posted on college web site for downloading and e-mail with link set to all faculty (or filled out as part of 5-yr plan).
3. Application deadlines, for Committee, given a specific date: the 15th of Feb, May, Oct.
a. PDL and FLFL need to be submitted at least three full semesters before scheduled leave;
Winter Semester (Feb) à Spring of following year or beyond
Spring Semester (May) à Fall of following year or beyond
Fall Semester (Oct) à Winter of following year or beyond
4. Applicants confer with department representative and chair - requires some research into funding needs and class coverage (make sure all questions are completed); print out applications, sign it, deliver to chair.
5. ONLY FLFL: Chair reviews it, signs it, and gives input on value to department and on coverage issues - faculty member responsible to get the application from chair and deliver it to college office
6. ONLY FLFL: Applications organized by college office assistant and copies sent to members of committee for advanced review
7. ONLY FLFL: Official review happens two weeks later which are given: agree, disagree, or accept with revisions - feedback to be sent to applications needing revisions with deadline to return (most applications required some changes - issues; trying to do too much, not connected strongly to classroom and students, no specific outcomes, too "me" centered, etc.). These should be minor if #4 is happening.
8. Leave applications organized by college office assistant, members of committee notified and invited to come to college office to review again if interested - copies made - originals taken by dean to review with AAVP-Instruction.
9. AAVP, Fenton, and President review and feedback or approvals come from Peggy back to applicant (cc: dean and chairs).
For Thomas E Ricks Endowment http://www.byui.edu/learning-teaching/faculty-committees/resources.