Application Timeline Overview
- Applications are submitted 12 months before the desired podiatry school enrollment date. Applications can be submitted in August for the following year.
- It is helpful to create a timeline for yourself when applying to podiatry school. Having an academic plan, a plan to complete extra-curricular activities, and a plan for test preparation all contribute to your timeline.
Preparing to apply
- Talk to the potential writers of your Letters of Recommendation. Give them plenty of time to write the letters.
- Continue with your volunteer, shadowing, or research activities until you have received an acceptance letter from a podiatry school. Do not stop these activities until you have an official offer of admission. It may take more than one application cycle to gain admission, so you need to be continually improving your application until you do.
- Prepare for and take the MCAT – Register for the MCAT and take it by the end of June in the year you submit your podiatry school application.
- Consult the website from the AACPM to find further information about each school. Always confirm school-specific requirements by checking each school’s website directly.
- Continue to save money for the application process.
Podiatry School Application Timeline (PDF)