Mathematics is the study of quantitative relationships expressed in numbers and symbols. It focuses on mathematical concepts and theories and involves their formulation, testing interpretation and practical application.
Graduates with a degree in mathematics develop effective abilities in problem solving, problem formation, deductive reasoning and logical thinking. They become proficient in mathematical theories, modeling and simulation. They can analyze, manage and process data. Math is applied in fields as diverse as business, fine arts, engineering, physical science, social science, life science and computer science.
Students of mathematics should be objective, logical thinkers who are thorough, patient and persistent. They often have a capacity for precision and detail, and an interest in puzzles and strategy games.
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Banking & Financial Support Services
- Business Teacher Education
- Financial Management Services
- Investments & Securities
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Purchasing/Procurement/Contract Management
- Science Teacher Education
- Secondary Teacher Education
- Teacher Education
- Technology/Ind Arts Teacher Education
College of Physical Science & Engineering Academic Discovery Center
Location: Austin 106C