Major to Career:Exercise Physiology
Exercise physiology explores the processes involved in physical or motor activity. Exercise physiology focuses on the anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and biophysics of human movement and applications to exercise and perform therapeutic rehabilitation.
The exercise physiology major incorporates science into human performance, work, and physical education. In addition, students are better able to scientifically understand the benefits of exercise and healthy living in combating many of the diseases and maladies affecting our populations, such as diabetes and obesity. We are unique in that we use exercise to better understand physiology at the basic, cellular, and molecular levels. Our major is designed to give students a solid core in the physiology of exercise, and then let them cater their remaining classes towards their fields of interest.
In this program, you will study human exercise, physiology, and kinesiology as they apply to sports and physical fitness. You will learn about activities and principles that establish, maintain, and promote physical fitness. Instruction will include human movement studies, motivation techniques, exercise techniques, basic sports injury prevention practices, and the organization and leadership of various sports and fitness.
- Enjoy physical conditioning
- Be interested in activities which promote good health and develop fitness of the human body
- Be able to think logically
- Be able to communicate successfully, both verbally and in writing, with individuals of different backgrounds and personalities
- Be creative and enjoy solving problems
- Professional Athlete
- Athletic Coach
- Health Educator
- Athletic Trainer
- Fitness Trainer
- Recreational Guide
- Weight Reduction Specialist
- Sports/Athletics Manager
- Recreational Therapist
- Teacher (Physical Education)